Prep 35 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from a local Korean restaurant.
Make and share this Mandu (Korean Pot Stickers) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups cabbage kimchi, shredded drained
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1⁄3 lb ground beef
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh gingerroot, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) package wonton wrappers
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons water
- In a wok or large skillet, stir-fry kimchi, bean sprouts and carrots in 1-1/2 teaspoons oil until tender; set aside.
- In a small skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add to the vegetable mixture. Stir in the onions, sesame seeds, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, salt and pepper.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of filling in the center of each wonton wrapper. Combine egg and water. Moisten wonton edges with egg mixture; fold opposite corners over filling and press to seal. At this point you can freeze them.
- Heat remaining vegetable oil in a large skillet. Cook wontons in batches for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown, adding additional oil if needed.