Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This chili recipe by Mandi Forester won Rachael Ray's March Menu Mania, a bracket-style contest in conjunction with USA Today for the best game-friendly party- food recipe. Posting for safe keeping.
- 32 ounces chicken stock
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans white beans (undrained)
- 5 cups cooked chicken (rotisserie or boiled)
- 2 cups salsa
- 8 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese (grated)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1⁄2 cup finely crushed corn chips (optional for thicker chili)
- black pepper
- Place all ingredients except corn chips in a crockpot and cook on high until cheese is well incorporated.
- Chili may also be cooked on stove top on medium-high heat.
- When chili is ready, add finely crushed corn chips and simmer 10 minutes to thicken.
- Garnish with more crushed corn chips, cheese or sour cream.
This is so simple and so delicious!! Perfect for a "chili" day ;-) I grilled my chicken breast with a dusting of fajita seasoning for a little extra flavor. SO GOOD! Will definitely be making this again soon! Thank you for posting.
This was ridiculously AMAZING for how simple it was to make! My mother and I simply used a pre cooked store bought chicken (discounted in the evening at most stores!) and chopped it up. Dumped everything into a large pot, and simmered for about a half hour! Used the crushed corn chips to thicken it up successfully, do not skip out on that step. SO flavorful, nice spicy kick without being too overbearing (I like things spicy, my mother generally does not). Definitely can see why this won a contest w/ Rachel! Muy bien, especial!!!!!!
I just tried this recipe this past week after seeing Rachael Ray's Top 10 of 2009 show. My DH and picky friends ate it up. I can't believe how easy it is to make either. I cooked it on low for 4 hours in my crockpot and waited till 30 min before serving to add the cheese. I'm so happy someone has already posted this on RecipeZaar!