Prep 10 mins
Cook 13 mins
I altered this slightly from a recipe I found online. These are very yummy with sausage gravy. This makes approximately 6-12 biscuits depending on the thickness of the dough.
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cold butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Mix together flour, baking powder, salt and white sugar.
- Cut butter into the flour mixture until it resembles course crumbs.
- Add milk and stir. You may need to add 1-2 more tablespoons of milk.
- Knead 15-20 times on a lightly floured board and roll out to a 1/2 - 1 inch thickness. Use a cup or round cookie cutter to cut out into round biscuit shapes.
- Bake on baking stone or cookie sheet at 425 degrees for 13-15 minutes - till the edges begin to brown.
Very good biscuits! I used spelt flour, so they were hearty but still rose very well. I also used only 1/2 teaspoon of sugar. They turned out great, and I will use this recipe again.