Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This smoothie recipe came out of desperation to find something quick and healthy to feed my children in the morning. We leave the house at 6am and I didn't want to wake them up any earlier than I needed to. All four of my children eat breakfast either at school or at the day care but we needed something to tide them over until then.
- 1 cup soymilk
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 2 tablespoons frozen concentrated orange juice
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- I usually blend the soy milk, spinach, and tomatoes together first so that the spinach is completely liquified.
- Mix and match ingredients. We usually use what ever kind of fruit we can find on sale. Strawberries and bananas are a staple, but I have been know to add blueberries, apples, starfruit, mangoes, pureed pumpkin, and even peanut butter.