Recipe by kim in the UK
This is a very "more-ish" almond cake that takes no time to prepare and little time to bake. Great for when you have unexpected company and need to whip something up.
- 170 ml whipping cream (not whipped)
- 3 eggs
- 250 g granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla sugar
- 500 g plain flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 125 g butter
- 250 g sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 200 g toasted sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first 4 ingredients in a bowl. Then add flour and baking powder and stir until it makes a smooth dough.
- Spread the dough onto a LARGE baking sheet, put in the oven at 180 degrees and bake for approximately 10 minute until the dough has just set -- should still be quite pale, just starting to brown.
- In the meantime, prepare the topping. Melt the butter, stir in the sugar and milk. Once this has mixed together, add the almonds and stir to mix well. Spread over the partially baked dough and return to the oven until the topping is brown and crispy, approximately 20 minute
- Cut into slices or squares and serve warm.