Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A Jewish version of biscotti. From Mom's notebooks.
Make and share this Mandelbrot recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine eggs, sugar, oil, lemon juice, lemon zest and almond extract in a bowl.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt in a second bowl. Toss almonds in flour to coat. Add wet ingredients and mix to form a stiff dough.
- Grease and flour a rimmed cookie sheet. Form into an oblong loaf about 4" across and 1.5" thick.
- Bake in preheated oven 15 minutes. Allow to cool 10 minutes.
- Slice 1" thick. Lay slices on a clean cookie sheet and return to oven until lightly browned, turning occasionally, about 5 min on each side (but watch carefully!).