Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is like a German-style version of biscotti! you can omit the lemon zest and add in 1 teaspoon cinnamon if desired and add in some mini chocolate chips.
Top Review by Jellyqueen
I love biscotti, but have never made it. This was my first attempt, and I think it turned out pretty darn good!!! Instead of adding mini chocolate chips, I dipped one end in chocolate and drizzled the other end with chocolate....can you tell I like chocolate???
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar (can use less)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 3⁄4 cup almonds, chopped
- powdered sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a large baking sheet or line with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer at high speed beat eggs and sugar for about 4 minutes or until thick and foamy.
- Add in oil and vanilla; beat until well blended.
- In a bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt and lemon zest; add into the egg mixture, beating on low speed until combined.
- Divide the dough in half.
- Transfer to prepared baking sheet and shape into two 10 x 4-inch logs.
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and reduce the heat to 275 degrees.
- Using a serrated knife slice the logs into about 1-inch thick slices (or a bit smaller).
- Return to oven and bake another 20-22 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- dust with powdered sugar if desired.