Recipe by Aussie-In-California
My Mum would make this for my father on special occasions. The recipe came from my Grandma Sally. Wonderful for dipping in tea. A not too sweet and fruity dry cookie.
- 650.62 ml flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 3 eggs
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 88.74 ml oil
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 2.46 ml almond extract
- 78.07-118.29 ml chopped almonds
- 78.07-118.29 ml candied fruit, mainly red and green
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs and sugar until light.
- Mix and sift flour, baking powder and salt. Add to egg mixture.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend well.
- The dough should be soft.
- With floured hands form long loaves about 2 inches wide and 3/4 inches high.
- Bake on a greased cookie sheet in moderate oven - 350F until lightly browned - about 40-50 minutes.
- Cut in slices while hot.
- Turn slices on side and return to oven for a few minutes to toast sides.