Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from my MIL. I have also made plain chocolate biscotti with the basic dough recipe by just eliminating the raisins, nuts, cherries and butterscotch bits. Use your imagination too.
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 3 1⁄2 cups sifted flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup white raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup maraschino cherry, cut up
- 1 (8 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- Mix the butter and sugar together.
- Add remaining ingredients in order given.
- This will be a sticky dough.
- On lightly greased baking sheet, using a spoon, make three (3) long loaves.
- With back of spoon smooth together and flatten somewhat.
- Sprinkle wth sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes till lightly browned or till toothpick comes out clean.
- Cut on the diagonal.
- NOTE: For mandelbread- leave as is.
- For Biscotti- after cutting, place on baking sheet (cut side down) and return to oven for approximately 5 minutes per side till lightly browned and crispy.