Recipe by jneen
These are wonderful. This recipe was given to me when I was at the Native American mission school in Arizona. We had many wonderul people from all over the United States there. These cookies are a lot like biscotti. Hard and great for dunking.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla or 1⁄2 teaspoon almond flavoring
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar together until very light.
- Add beaten egg and flour sifted with baking powder.
- Add milk and extract, work well together Spread in two bread pans bake at 350 for 30 minuntes cut into oblong strips while still warm; turn oven off.
- place pans back on lower rack of oven overnight to dry out.