Recipe by Chickee
This is based on the Swiss recipe for Anisbroetli (Aniseed biscuits), but for those who prefer an almond flavour rather than aniseed. Makes quite a bit but is easily halved. Better if made in advance, will keep several weeks in an airtight container.
- 4 eggs
- 500 g icing sugar (confectioner's sugar)
- 2 tablespoons kirsch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond essence
- 1 pinch salt
- 550 g plain flour
- 100 g ground almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream eggs and sugar.
- Add kirsch, almond essence, and salt.
- Add flour ground almonds and knead to a dough. (You may need a little extra flour).
- Roll out the dough to 1cm thick on a floured surface.
- Using cookie cutters, cut out shapes, make decorations on them using shortbread moulds (or use Anisbrötli Mödeli if you have them!).
- Place on baking paper on an oven tray.
- Bake at 160 degrees Celcius for 20 minutes. The biscuits should not brown but stay light in colour.