Recipe by Caryn
When I was a child we had neighbors that were Jewish. Mrs. Adler would always invite us over to celebrate their holidays and to taste her wonderful traditional recipes. This is one recipe that she gave to me when I was 10 yrs old.
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup almonds, blanched and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In small bowl, combine flour and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, oil, sugar, lemon juice, and almond extract.
- Add the dry ingredients and nuts; mix well.
- Roll into balls and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle each with cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.