Recipe by Mirj
The original Jewish biscotti. Great dunked into coffee, perfect gift for Chanukah!
Top Review by lizzie
I have made these cookies several times and they always come out real nice. I have several biscotti recipes but I like this one best because it calls for very little sugar compared to the others. I also use olive oil for a lower fat content.
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts, , almonds,or pecans
- 1 teaspoon lemon, zest of
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees F.
- Beat eggs, add sugar and oil and mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Refrigerate dough for several hours or overnight.
- On heavily floured surface, shape into 3 narrow loaves.
- Bake on floured sheet for 20- 25 minutes.
- Slice diagonally while hot.
- Place slices on greased and floured sheet and toast for 2 minutes per side at 450°F.