The original Jewish biscotti. Great dunked into coffee, perfect gift for Chanukah!
Make and share this Mandel Bread (traditional Jewish holiday cookie) recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees F.
- Beat eggs, add sugar and oil and mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Refrigerate dough for several hours or overnight.
- On heavily floured surface, shape into 3 narrow loaves.
- Bake on floured sheet for 20- 25 minutes.
- Slice diagonally while hot.
- Place slices on greased and floured sheet and toast for 2 minutes per side at 450°F.
I have made these cookies several times and they always come out real nice. I have several biscotti recipes but I like this one best because it calls for very little sugar compared to the others. I also use olive oil for a lower fat content.
Made this for a party tonight. Very tasty, a big hit! Thank you.
I love any biscotti type of cookie and these are really nice. I made mine vegan so my DH could enjoy them to. Thanks Mirj, for a great recipe!