Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I got this recipe from a friend. Yields a large quantity of biscotti-like cookies. The serving size is simply a guess; it never occurs to me to count cookies. Frankly, I'd rather eat them.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 -12 ounces chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon sugar (feel free to use more or less)
- Mix eggs with sugar.
- Alternatingly add flour and oil to the egg and sugar mixture.
- Add almond and vanilla extracts (sometimes I omit the vanilla and double the almond.
- Mix together.
- Add chocolate chips and almonds.
- Cover two baking sheets with parchment paper and on them form three long, skinny loaves (2-3 inches wide.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350°F.
- Cut loaves into slightly less than finger thick pieces and lay flat on baking sheets.
- Bake until golden, approximately 5 minutes.