Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
My friend always made us Mandel Bread for gifts but, she wouldn't share her recipe. This is the recipe I have found that is closest to hers. You can mix up your chips and nuts, from white choc. macadamia, to dark choc. dried cherry, pecans. Use your imagination!
- Preheat oven to 350°F Cream sugar and oil, add eggs and mix well.
- Add flour,baking powder add vanilla and mix well.
- Add chocolate chips and nuts.
- Wet hands and make two long logs out of the dough.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven cut into 1" slices.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over top and sides.
- Put back in oven for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Store in a tin to keep fresh.
There was absolutely no way I could mold this recipe into 2 logs wet hands or dry. I managed to bake it in one piece but was not impressed with the oily taste.
so instead of a bread.. i overbaked it and turned it into a biscotti! my family loved the flavor! thank you :)