My friend always made us Mandel Bread for gifts but, she wouldn't share her recipe. This is the recipe I have found that is closest to hers. You can mix up your chips and nuts, from white choc. macadamia, to dark choc. dried cherry, pecans. Use your imagination!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Cream sugar and oil, add eggs and mix well.
- 2Add flour,baking powder add vanilla and mix well.
- 3Add chocolate chips and nuts.
- 4Wet hands and make two long logs out of the dough.
- 5Place on cookie sheet.
- 6Bake 30 to 40 minutes.
- 7Remove from oven cut into 1" slices.
- 8Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over top and sides.
- 9Put back in oven for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- 10Store in a tin to keep fresh.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mandel Bread
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.9
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 26.4 mg
- Sodium 63.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 3.6 g