Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
My friend always made us Mandel Bread for gifts but, she wouldn't share her recipe. This is the recipe I have found that is closest to hers. You can mix up your chips and nuts, from white choc. macadamia, to dark choc. dried cherry, pecans. Use your imagination!
- Preheat oven to 350°F Cream sugar and oil, add eggs and mix well.
- Add flour,baking powder add vanilla and mix well.
- Add chocolate chips and nuts.
- Wet hands and make two long logs out of the dough.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven cut into 1" slices.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over top and sides.
- Put back in oven for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Store in a tin to keep fresh.
There was absolutely no way I could mold this recipe into 2 logs wet hands or dry. I managed to bake it in one piece but was not impressed with the oily taste.
so instead of a bread.. i overbaked it and turned it into a biscotti! my family loved the flavor! thank you :)