Recipe by Dib's
This recipe was posted by request-I've never tried it but it looks good.
Top Review by selenahubba
For my CWP class, we had to choose a country and discuss things about it. I chose Kenya and decided to bring a dish for my class to try. I came upon this recipe for Mandazi, and wasn't disappointed! This is something I will be making again in the future!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together dry ingredients except sugar.
- Cut in butter and add sugar.
- Beat together egg, milk and water and add to dry mixture.
- Knead dough to soft.
- roll out and cut into any shape that lights your candle.
- Deep fry in oil until golden brown on all sides.
- Drain and serve warm.