Recipe by Manda
This is a thick, hearty soup full of veggies and noodles. If you add more water, it is a soup, add less and it is kind of like a chow mein that could actually be served over rice, if desired. Created this one day when I was in the mood for soup and decided to just throw together anything I could find in my kitchen...truly a perfect example of why it pays to be an adventurous cook. I ate 3 bowls!!
- 3⁄4 cup sliced celery
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 2 cups cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cauliflower floret
- 4 -5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) bagfrozen stir fry vegetables (, brocolli, onion, red pepper, carrot, mushrooms, water chestnuts)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 8 ounces fine egg noodles, uncooked
Directions See How It's Made
- In 6-quart saucepan, over medium heat, cook celery, onion, carrot, cabbage, cauliflower, and garlic in oil until slightly tender (about 10 min.) Add remaining ingredients, except noodles; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add noodles, cover, and simmer 10-15 minutes or until noodles are tender (may have to add some water, up to 1 c., to produce desired consistency).