Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A friend of mine told me how she made her salsa, and I added a few items to it. I am very picky about salsa and generally cannot stand salsa from a jar, so this works well for me!
- Combine onion, garlic, jalapeno and a little liquid from can of tomatoes in a food processor. Chop until you get the texture you desire.
- Pour above mixture into a bowl.
- Chop up tomatoes next, then add to onion/garlic/jalapeno mixture.
- Add all other ingredients and stir.
- Add salt to taste, if needed.
Well, I might have followed the ingredient list, but I did change a couple amounts ~ I used only 1/3 of a jalapeno, & increased the green chilies to 2 small cans! The resulting salsa was very much appreciated by both of us & another couple, too, initially over a freshly made spinich quiche! Very easy to put together, & I do like the idea of being able to add (or subtract, if need be) whatever I like ~ Certainly this recipe is a keeper! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current round of Pick A Chef]