Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Mandarins, tangerines, clementines, mineolas--Any of these citrus fruits are suitable for this recipe. The mandarins look very attractive if you leave them whole, especially if there is a large quantity for a special occasion, but you may prefer to separate the segments.
- 10 mandarin oranges
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange flower water
- 1 tablespoon chopped pistachios
- Thinly pare a little of the colored rind from one mandarin and cut it into fine shreds for decoration. Squeeze the juice from two mandarins and reserve it.
- Peel the reaming fruit, removing as much of the white pith as possible. Arrange the whole fruits in a wide dish.
- Mix the reserved juice, sugar and orange flower water and pour it over the fruit. Cover the dish and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Blanch the shreds of rind in boiling water for 30 seconds. Drain, let col and sprinkle them over the mandarins, with the pistachios, to serve.