The bottom layer is made from crushed biscotti. The middle is a rich combination of vanilla ice cream and mascarpone. The confection is topped with orange sorbet and is served with an orange marmalade sauce studded with fresh clementines or tangerines. Cook time is freeze time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups crushed purchased spiced biscotti (about 6 oz.)
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1 (8 ounce) carton mascarpone cheese
- 1 pint orange sorbet, softened
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange sections, drained or 6 -8 clementines or 6 -8 tangerines, peeled and cut into segments
- 1Line a 2-quart square baking dish with foil, extending foil over edges of dish.
- 2In a medium bowl stir together the butter and biscotti crumbs.
- 3Spread evenly in the prepared baking dish. Press firmly to form an even crust.
- 4Place in the freezer.
- 5In a chilled bowl stir ice cream to soften. In another bowl stir mascarpone cheese to soften.
- 6Slowly add the softened vanilla ice cream to the mascarpone, stirring well after each addition (mixture may look slightly lumpy). Spoon into crust-lined dish and spread evenly with the back of a large spoon. Freeze about 1 hour or until firm.
- 7Spoon sorbet on top of the vanilla ice cream and spread evenly with the back of a large spoon.
- 8Cover and freeze 4 hours or until firm.
- 9In a small saucepan cook and stir marmalade just until heated through. Stir in citrus sections.
- 10Let frozen mixture stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- 11Lift from pan using foil.
- 12To serve, cut ice cream mixture into 9 squares. Top each square with some of the citrus mixture.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mandarins and Ice Cream Cake
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.9
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 32.0 mg
- Sodium 85.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 22.7 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: