Prep 3 mins
Cook 3 mins
From a healthy heart cookbook, a low fat & tasty brekky.
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 0.5 (310 g) canned mandarin segments, drained
- 1 banana, sliced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Combine yoghurt, mandarins, banana & honey in a bowl.
- To make topping: Stir oats in a pan over heat until lightly toasted: cool, combine with cinnamon & honey.
- Serve yoghurt sprinkled with topping.
I made it this morning and saw I needed to toast the oats. But I didn't have time so I put it like that (quick oat). It was yummy like that. But I'll have to try it toasted. I'm sure it's delish. I didn't use honey, I used Splenda. And omitted the cinnamon. Thanks Mandy. Made for Holiday tag
This was a great breakfast!! I modified it just a bit based on what I had ... I used vanilla yogurt instead of plain and granola instead of rolled oats. This is also a great breakfast that you can make when staying in a motel as they offer most of these items on the buffet ... and mixing them together is a great idea!!
Delicious breakfast! I made this for only one person and it was a perfect low cal/low fat breakfast! Thanks for sharing!