Recipe by Linda4
This is one of our family dishes for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners. I lost the recipe, but Blue Diamond almonds website found it and sent it to me, bless 'em!
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1 cup green beans, cut in 1-inch pieces (fresh or frozen-I use fresh)
- 2 teaspoons salad oil
- 1 cup cauliflower, sliced thin
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 bouillon cubes, chicken flavor
- 1⁄2 cup whole almond (I always use more)
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced (I use only the green tops)
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and stir carrots and green beans in oil over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and onions, cook 1 minute longer, still stirring.
- Mix together bouillon, water, cornstarch and garlic salt.
- Add mixture to vegetables.
- Cook and stir until thickened.
- Vegetables should be crisp.
- Add almonds, then serve.