- 1 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed & cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups fresh snow peas
- 1 (15 ounce) canwhole baby corn, rinsed & drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, bring asparagus and broth to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain; immediately place the asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, combine the peas, corn, oranges, water chestnuts, celery, onions and asparagus.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, oil, soy sauce, honey, mustard, garlic, pepper and salt.
- Pour over vegetables.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.