Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Well yasee I had this uncooked half chicken breast left from yesterdays experiments. Also the temperature is all ready in the mid 80s and upward bound. A souped up chicken salad seemed like a good idea for a main dish. I use my WOK a lot, particularly when it's hot out. I invented a chopped cashew salad dressing for this sort of thing some time back. It's rather good for fruit type salads . So Here we go, written as I fix it. A lot of my recipes are done this way typing notes into textpad as I work/invent.(Grynn)This is a BIG serving salad main dish or there's enough chicken for 2.
- 1 large b&s chicken breast, cut in about 1 inch bite sized pieces
- 7.39 ml oil, for woking the chicken
- 118.29 ml drained mandarin orange segments, usually canned
- 236.59 ml mixed greens, the crisper the better,like iceberg or romain,depending on what available
- 1 hard-boiled egg, diced because i had it to use up (optional)
For the dressing (this makes enough to save some)
- 118.29 ml mild salad oil
- 59.14 ml vinegar
- 59.14 ml honey
- 59.14 ml chopped roasted cashews (I suppose you could use peanuts)
- 0.25 ml salt, to taste
- Fire up the WOK and chow the chicken chunks until cooked through and set aside.
- Remember this time it will have no additional cooking.
- If you have cooked chicken use it.
- A Woolfe Tip, when B&Schicken breasts are cheap, I chunk, WOK, and vac-bag freeze for later use.
- Put all the dressing ingredients in a blender or small food processor and ZAP until blended.
- I throw the cashews in as is, as I buy the pieces it's a lot cheaper that way.
- You can do both the Chicken and dressing ahead of time.
- Tear up the greens into a bowl.
- Add the orange segments and cooled chicken.
- Toss with the dressing.
- I had this with some torn off bread.