Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Well yasee I had this uncooked half chicken breast left from yesterdays experiments. Also the temperature is all ready in the mid 80s and upward bound. A souped up chicken salad seemed like a good idea for a main dish. I use my WOK a lot, particularly when it's hot out. I invented a chopped cashew salad dressing for this sort of thing some time back. It's rather good for fruit type salads . So Here we go, written as I fix it. A lot of my recipes are done this way typing notes into textpad as I work/invent.(Grynn)This is a BIG serving salad main dish or there's enough chicken for 2.
- 1⁄2 large b&s chicken breast, cut in about 1 inch bite sized pieces
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oil, for woking the chicken
- 1⁄2 cup drained mandarin orange segments, usually canned
- 1 cup mixed greens, the crisper the better,like iceberg or romain,depending on what available
- 1 hard-boiled egg, diced because i had it to use up (optional)
For the dressing (this makes enough to save some)
- 1⁄2 cup mild salad oil
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup chopped roasted cashews (I suppose you could use peanuts)
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- Fire up the WOK and chow the chicken chunks until cooked through and set aside.
- Remember this time it will have no additional cooking.
- If you have cooked chicken use it.
- A Woolfe Tip, when B&Schicken breasts are cheap, I chunk, WOK, and vac-bag freeze for later use.
- Put all the dressing ingredients in a blender or small food processor and ZAP until blended.
- I throw the cashews in as is, as I buy the pieces it's a lot cheaper that way.
- You can do both the Chicken and dressing ahead of time.
- Tear up the greens into a bowl.
- Add the orange segments and cooled chicken.
- Toss with the dressing.
- I had this with some torn off bread.
You MUST try this salad dressing. I used fruit, chicken, salad greens and then added our favorite salad ingredients. I could est this dressing with a spoon. It makes tons so there'll be lots left for your next salad.
I had a whole chicken breast, so I made this for 2. I loved it. It was quick and easy and and filling. I will make again.