Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Uses avocado, bacon and onion as well. This salad gives a lot of flavor for an easy effort. When serving this I get all the ingredients ready ahead of time, keeping them separate. Then toss everything together just before serving.
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2⁄3 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2⁄3 teaspoon salt, adjust to taste
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1 lb spinach
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1⁄4 lb bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- 1⁄4 medium red onions, cut into rings or 3 green onions
- Dressing: Combine all ingredients and whisk to emulsify.
- Salad: Combine all ingredients, drizzle with dressing, toss and serve immediately.