Leslie in Texas's Note:
This is another recipe I got from my friend, Martha. It takes the ordinary Mandarin Spinach Salad to a whole new level! Great for lunch, a shower luncheon, or a light dinner with some crusty bread and a glass of chilled white wine! Add some grilled chicken to make a heartier meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the salad
- 1 (1 lb) package Baby Spinach
- 1 1/2 cups fresh bean sprouts, washed and drained or 1 (16 ounce) can bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, rinsed, drained, and sliced
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 1/2 cups fresh mushrooms, washed and sliced thin
- 8 slices bacon, fried crisp and drained
- 1 avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
For the dressing
- 1To prepare dressing process all dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor until well blended.
- 2Place spinach in a large bowl.
- 3Add next 6 ingredients and toss to mix.
- 4Pour into a serving bowl and garnish with the sliced avocado.
- 5Just before serving, toss with dressing and serve.
- 6If you're in a hurry, a Catalina dressing may be used.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mandarin Spinach Salad Supreme
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 664.4
- Calories from Fat 496
- Total Fat 55.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 20.5 mg
- Sodium 1322.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 22.7 g
- Protein 9.0 g