- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups spinach, torn
- 2 cups lettuce, torn
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook almonds and sugar over low heat, stirring constantly till sugar melts and nuts are brown. Cool. Break apart and store at room temperature.
- Mix last six ingredients, shake well and refrigerate.
- Right before serving, assemble lettuces, onion and mandarin. Toss with dressing as desired.