Not your traditional Spinach Salad! The hubbie and I are big fans of a traditional spinach salad but wanted something that was a bit heartier. Something we could make a meal of if we wanted. Open refrigerator, voila! We don't really measure this but thought the following would be perfect for a supper for 4.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 bunches fresh spinach, washed well, drained, stemmed and chilled
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, shredded, chilled
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup radish, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, wiped clean, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1 cup toasted crouton
- 1Mandarin Dressing:.
- 2Set aside to blend flavors.
- 3I don't live where bagged spinach is available, so am forced to use fresh. If you can buy bagged, Buy Bagged!
- 4Place the spinach in a large wooden bowl.
- 5Top with remaining ingredients, except for the sesame seeds.
- 6Pour on the dressing.
- 7Toss salad gently when serving.
- 8Garnish with sesame seeds.
- 9Serve on chilled plates with hot rolls or French bread.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mandarin Spinach Bowl
Serving Size: 1 (645 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 645.4
- Calories from Fat 426
- Total Fat 47.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 77.9 mg
- Sodium 1151.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.5 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 34.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar