Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Not your traditional Spinach Salad! The hubbie and I are big fans of a traditional spinach salad but wanted something that was a bit heartier. Something we could make a meal of if we wanted. Open refrigerator, voila! We don't really measure this but thought the following would be perfect for a supper for 4.
- 4 bunches fresh spinach, washed well, drained, stemmed and chilled
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, shredded, chilled
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup radish, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, wiped clean, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1 cup toasted crouton
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Mandarin Dressing:.
- Set aside to blend flavors.
- I don't live where bagged spinach is available, so am forced to use fresh. If you can buy bagged, Buy Bagged!
- Place the spinach in a large wooden bowl.
- Top with remaining ingredients, except for the sesame seeds.
- Pour on the dressing.
- Toss salad gently when serving.
- Garnish with sesame seeds.
- Serve on chilled plates with hot rolls or French bread.