Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
The Complete Book of Oriental Cooking, Myra Waldo, 1963.
Make and share this Mandarin Soup (Peiping T'ang Soup) recipe from Food.com.
- Trim the pork of all fat; cut into match stick like pieces.
- Heat oil; saute pork for 5 minutes.
- Add carrots; add celery; add mushrooms; cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken stock and spinach.
- Bring to a boil; stir briskly; add beaten egg slowly.
- Mix cornstarch into water; add to soup; stir until thick.
I really liked this soup! It is authentic in it's flavour and consistency. I omitted the spinach and added green onions just before serving so they still had a bit of crunch. The serving size is quite small if it should stretch to 8 servings.I would say 4 servings at the most, unless you just want to use it as a small starter.