Prep 3 hrs 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Yet to try it but it seems like a refreshing treat!
Make and share this Mandarin Sorbet over Lychees recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 2 cups water
- 11 ounces mandarin orange segments
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice, fresh
- 4 teaspoons Grand Marnier
- 20 ounces lychees, canned and chilled in fridge
- 11 ounces mandarin orange segments, chilled
- mint leaf
- Combine sugar and water and heat over low heat until sugar has dissolved. Bring to boil before cooling.
- Make mandarin puree by blending or pushing mandarin orages through sieve.
- Add puree with juice and liqeur to sugar syrup. Combine well.
- Pour into pan and freeze till firm. Stir occasionally.
- To serve, place a few extra mandarin segments in a glass, followed by a few chilled lychee on top, 2 tbsp of the canned lychee syrup, and a scoop of mandarin orange sorbet. Place a sprig of mint on top of you like!
Really refreshing and enjoyable! I loved how easy it was prepare. I halved the recipe and it served 3 of us easily. Thanks for sharing! Made for PAC Spring '09.