Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
As it is with most stir-fry recipes, once you get all the vegetables prepped, this dish goes together very quickly. Very colorful and yummy!
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 24 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- Combine marmalade, soy sauce, vinegar, hot pepper sauce and cornstarch; stir to dissolve cornstarch. Set aside.
- Place large skillet or wok over high heat for 1 minute, then add oil. Heat oil for 30 seconds then add ginger, garlic and shrimp. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes. Remove from wok and set aside. Add bell peppers and broccoli, cook for 1 minute. Add water; cover and reduce heat for medium. Cook 4-5 minutes.
- Uncover and heat to high, add shrimp, marmalade mixture and water chestnuts. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Season to taste. Add green onions. Serve over hot cooked rice.
I love the combination of shrimp with these vegetables. It was colorful and had a great crunch from the water chestnuts. The sauce was a little too sweet for our tastes, but generally had a good flavor. Thanks for posting, Beth A.