13 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Missy Wombat's Note:
Times are guesses. This recipe comes from Sue Ruchel's "Windfalls: Preserves and other country kitchen secrets".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the mandarins and cut the peel finely with scissors.
- 2Tie finely shredded peel in a muslin bag.
- 3Wash and roughly chop the lemons and grapefruit.
- 4Put the mandarin segments and chopped fruit into a bowl.
- 5Cover with water, place the bag of peel in with the fruit and leave to soak overnight.
- 6The next day boil all until the fruit is soft and the liquid is reduced by half.
- 7Remove the bag of peel after 20 minutes.
- 8Pour all the fruit through a jelly bag, leaving it to drip awhile, then squeeze it to get all the juice.
- 9Discard the pulp.
- 10Add the sugar to the juice, stirring the sugar until it is dissolved, then add the peel from the muslin bag.
- 11Boil all together until setting point is reached.
- 12Allow to stand, then stir the peel evenly through the mixture.
- 13Bottle and seal.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mandarin Shred Marmalade
Serving Size: 1 (1352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 390.5
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 16.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 110.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.3 g
- Sugars 54.2 g
- Protein 8.2 g