Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
A light and wonderful departure from the normal "heavy" salmon dishes! Easy to make and is out of this world! Enjoy!
- 2 lbs sockeye salmon
- 2 bunches green onions
- 4 mandarin oranges
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cube the salmon (skin on) into 2-3 inch pieces and place in a ziplock bag.
- Take the green onions and trim and cross cut into 2 inch pieces and make a single layer in the bottom of a 9-inch square Pyrex baking dish.
- Juice the mandarin oranges and combine with all the other ingredients to make a marinade for the salmon.
- Marinate the salmon for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the salmon from the marinade and place, skin-side up over the onions. pour the marinade evenly over salmon.
- Place in preheated oven and bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until salmon is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve over rice, spooning onions and juice over all!
My husband said he loved this, and my 2 1/2 year old, who started refusing salmon 6 months ago, ate a huge portion. In a rush to make dinner I used a 1+ lb fillet, poked w/ a fork, laid mandarins on top & drizzled 1/3 the marinade, then more at 10 & 20 min., baked for 30 min. I didn't have green onions and used ginger powder instead of paste. I can't wait to make this again and follow the recipe, I'm sure it will be incredible!