Recipe by Lokicat
A light and wonderful departure from the normal "heavy" salmon dishes! Easy to make and is out of this world! Enjoy!
Top Review by in the garden
My husband said he loved this, and my 2 1/2 year old, who started refusing salmon 6 months ago, ate a huge portion. In a rush to make dinner I used a 1+ lb fillet, poked w/ a fork, laid mandarins on top & drizzled 1/3 the marinade, then more at 10 & 20 min., baked for 30 min. I didn't have green onions and used ginger powder instead of paste. I can't wait to make this again and follow the recipe, I'm sure it will be incredible!
- 2 lbs sockeye salmon
- 2 bunches green onions
- 4 mandarin oranges
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cube the salmon (skin on) into 2-3 inch pieces and place in a ziplock bag.
- Take the green onions and trim and cross cut into 2 inch pieces and make a single layer in the bottom of a 9-inch square Pyrex baking dish.
- Juice the mandarin oranges and combine with all the other ingredients to make a marinade for the salmon.
- Marinate the salmon for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the salmon from the marinade and place, skin-side up over the onions. pour the marinade evenly over salmon.
- Place in preheated oven and bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until salmon is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve over rice, spooning onions and juice over all!