1/1 Photo of Mandarin Salad
A slightly sweet dressing with the crunchiness of sugared almonds makes this an outstanding salad! Recipe is requested every time it is served. Found recipe in Woman's Day magazine in 1995.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1Shake first 6 dressing ingredients in a jar and refrigerate.
- 2Stir almonds and sugar in a small pan over medium heat until sugar melts and starts to caramelize and almonds are very lightly toasted.
- 3Scrape into metal bowl and cool to room temperature.
- 4Break up and store covered at room temperature.
- 5Just before serving, put chopped lettuces in a large bowl.
- 6Add celery, oranges, onions and almonds.
- 7Shake dressing well and pour over salad.
- 8Toss to mix and coat.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mandarin Salad
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.5
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 165.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 2.5 g