- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 head lettuce, torn
- 1⁄4 bunch romaine lettuce, torn
- 2 medium celery ribs, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon parsley, snipped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash red pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook almonds and sugar over low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is melted and almonds are coated. Cool and break apart.
- For dressing, combine all ingredients in a sealed container, shake and refrigerate.
- Place torn lettuce in salad bowl, toss with celery, onion, orange segments, and dressing. Top with candied almonds and serve.