Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a very light tasting salad that goes well with chicken or seafood. I serve it with a delicious chicken and shrimp pie.
- 1 bunch mixed baby greens
- 1 can mandarin orange
- 1 red Spanish onion
- slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- Whisk together orange dressing and chill.
- In salad bowl arrange mixed greens.
- Top with oranges and a few thinly sliced onion rings.
- Sprinkle top with a sprinkling of almonds.
- Just before serving, toss with dressing.
After having tried this salad several times, we have decided that we just don't like the dressing. The flavors do not seem to mix very well, although it was better the second day. The blend of salad ingredients was fine for a very light salad.
My family thought the dressing was bitter; even after I added a couple of packets of sweetener to the mix. Also, the olive oil taste was a little overpowering. The combo of greens, mandarin oranges and almonds was a great idea, though. I'll try it again using a lighter oil.