Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A delicious rice pudding studded with raisins and mandarin oranges.Served in individual glass serving dishes and topped with whipped cream, this rice pudding is pretty and elegant enough to serve to company.
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked rice, cooled
- 1 cup undiluted evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup mandarin orange liquid (can)
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 cup drained mandarin orange section
- Combine all ingredients except mandarin oranges.
- Mix well.
- Place in lightly buttered crockpot.
- Cover and cook on Low for 4 to 6 hours or High for 2 to 3 hours.
- Stir after first 30 minutes.
- Stir in mandarin oranges during last half hour.
- Serve warm.
I'm really not the right person to rate rice puddings as I've never really been overly keen on them but I have to say this was very nice. The mandarins set it off nicely with a delicious flavour throughout. Very easy to throw together and the end result was a great tasting dessert. I cooked on high but did find that after 2 hours it was starting to dry out so it may pay to watch, but then again all crockpots differ. Thanks for posting, my family really enjoyed this.