Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
From the "Scandinavian and American Recipes" cookbook, which contains recipes submitted by parents and friends of the Svenskarnas Dag Girls Choir.
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked rice
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup pimentos
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 lb cubed chicken or 1 lb cubed turkey
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped celery
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- Sprinkle rice in bottom of oiled 2 quart casserole.
- Add boiling water and salt. Set aside.
- Slowly brown meat in 2 tablespoons cooking oil.
- Saute chopped vegetables in oil.
- Add all to rice mixture.
- Add soup and soy sauce and blend.
- Cover and bake 1 hour and 15 minutes at 350 degrees.