Recipe by KristinB
I found this recipe in a magazine in a dr's office years ago, & have made it for every special occasion since. I often vary the recipe & use fruit cocktail, raspberries & canned peaches, etc. It is my dh's favorite dessert & is always gone quickly at family gatherings.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cans mandarin orange segments (reserve juice)
- 2 cups whipped cream (Or two cups cool whip)
- 2 packages raspberry swiss rolls
- extra whipped cream, for topping,if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix water, sweetened condensed milk& pudding mix together well.
- Chill 30 minutes.
- Fold in whipped cream or cool whip.
- Slice Swiss rolls; line bottom& sides of trifle bowl.
- Sprinkle with reserved juice.
- Add some mandarin slices, then spread some custard mixture on top.
- Repeat layers till you run out.
- Top with more whipped cream (or cool whip)& orange slices, if desired.