Recipe by Carrie Ann
A juicy, tender pork roast with a beautiful glaze. Perfect for a special dinner.
Top Review by Bev
An excellent, flavorful, moist roast! From the rub to the glaze, this roast is packed with tastes that will delight your senses! Very simple to prepare, using Carrie Ann's excellent directions. This recipe will go into my "Company Worthy" file ;). Thanks for the great supper tonight, Carrie Ann!
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (4 lb) rolled pork loin roast
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 6 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1⁄8 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine rosemary, garlic and pepper; rub over roast.
- Place roast, fat side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Reduce heat to 325 degrees.
- Roast, uncovered for 30 to 40 minutes per pound depending on the thickness of the roast.
- Take meat out of oven at the last 1/2 hour of cooking time.
- Arrange oranges over roast.
- Combine glaze ingredients and brush over roast.
- Bake 30 minutes longer or until meat thermometer reads 170 degrees, brushing often with glaze.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.