Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The source is the Jan/Feb issue of Simple and Delicious magazine, and it is exactly what the title of the magazine promises... simple and delicious. If you are looking for a quick weeknight meal that your family will enjoy, give this tasty recipe a try. It was a hit for us!
- Sprinkle pork with pepper and salt.
- In a large skillet, brown pork in oil.
- Meanwhile, drain oranges, reserving juice; set oranges aside.
- Add water, rice mix with contents of seasoning packet, onions and reserved juice to the skillet.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in oranges; heat through.
This was very delicious. I used wild rice that I had already cooked, and added my own spice mixture of garlic and onion powder, celery salt, and paprika. Thank you KC, this is a delicious and healthy way to prepare pork.
This was a great weeknight dinner. I cooked the porkchops in the oven as we wanted them a little crispy, but made the rice following the directions....loved it....