Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
The first time I saw this salad I thought "Yuck! Mandarins with peppers in a rice salad?' But I'm glad I tried it. It is so tasty and refreshing. The original recipe used only 4oz rice, but I doubled it. You have to play around with the amounts of the ingredients to see how you like it. But give it a try. You'll like it :)
- 1 cup rice
- 1 red bell pepper, diced fine
- 1 green bell pepper, diced fine
- 1 onion, diced fine
- 125 g ham, diced fine
- 2 (4 ounce) cans mandarin oranges
- 6 -8 ounces mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 -4 tablespoons sugar
- Cook rice until done (I use brown rice).
- Immediately mix with the other ingredients.
- Put in fridge for at least 30 minute Taste and adjust seasoning.
This salad is so good. Instead of onion I used 2 green onion. I used only 1 can of mandarin, 6 ounces of light mayonnaise. And no sugar cause I liked the taste as is. Thanks Bellinda. Made for PRMR tag game :)