Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
I had some pears leftover from making Pear-Berry Smoothie and needed to use those up.So, I combined a few ingredients and came up with this very thick and fruity drink.I do want to thank Bergy and Misa for coming with the name for this smoothie,Thank you ladies.:) Submitted to Food.com (A.K.A. "ZAAR " ) on July 14th.,2011
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can pears, chilled and drained (save juice )
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, chilled and drained
- 1 (6 ounce) container vanilla yogurt (can use low carb if desired )
- 1 tablespoon honey (I used two )
- In a blender combine pears and oranges until pureed.
- Then add yogurt and honey ,blend for 3 minutes or until well blended (if too thick add a bit of juice to thin out).
Since this uses two of my favorite fruits and I love vanilla yogurt, I really enjoyed this smoothie. Super easy to make and the addition of the honey made it "just right" in sweetness. Made for Spring 2012 Pick A Chef.