1 hr 5 mins
katie in the UP's Note:
Adopted Recipe 09/06
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a mixing bowl put the flour, and gradually stir in the water, mixing to make a thin batter.
- 2When cool enough to handle, work the dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth.
- 3Place the dough in a bowl, cover with a dish towel and let rest for 30 minutes.
- 4Place the sesame oil in a small bowl.
- 5Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and roll out to 1/4-inch thickness.
- 6Cut into rounds with a 3-inch cutter.
- 7With your fingers, daub a small amount of oil on top of 1 round.
- 8Place another round on top and press together.
- 9Roll the 2 rounds together to form a circle about 6 or 7-inches in diameter.
- 10Cover with a damp kitchen cloth until ready to cook, and repeat with the remaining dough.
- 11Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- 12Cook 1 pancake at a time until barely golden and dry on both sides, turning once, about 1 minute.
- 13Remove from the pan, and when cool enough to handle, carefully separate the 2 pancakes.
- 14Wrap in foil until ready to use, or refrigerate.
- 15(To reheat, place in a steamer insert and steam, covered, for 5 minutes.).
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mandarin Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (528 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 63.5
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 1.2 g