Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Adopted Recipe 09/06
Make and share this Mandarin Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- In a mixing bowl put the flour, and gradually stir in the water, mixing to make a thin batter.
- When cool enough to handle, work the dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth.
- Place the dough in a bowl, cover with a dish towel and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Place the sesame oil in a small bowl.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and roll out to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Cut into rounds with a 3-inch cutter.
- With your fingers, daub a small amount of oil on top of 1 round.
- Place another round on top and press together.
- Roll the 2 rounds together to form a circle about 6 or 7-inches in diameter.
- Cover with a damp kitchen cloth until ready to cook, and repeat with the remaining dough.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Cook 1 pancake at a time until barely golden and dry on both sides, turning once, about 1 minute.
- Remove from the pan, and when cool enough to handle, carefully separate the 2 pancakes.
- Wrap in foil until ready to use, or refrigerate.
- (To reheat, place in a steamer insert and steam, covered, for 5 minutes.).
It is a lot of work, a lot of fun, and tastes great!!! The left over I steamed them . still taste good!
Surpisingly easy to prepare.I used my food processor to mix the dough.The pancakes came apart with no trouble at all. I served with Mu Shu Pork and Mandarin Pancakes. Thanks for the recipe.