Carol's Mistletoe Kitchen's Note:
I have been making this salad for at least 25 years. I think I got it from my friend, Cloetta. We served it at a church party for over 150. I like to make this the day before and refrigerate, individually, in ziploc bags. When we are ready to eat mix together. (Add chow mein noodles last if desired. I don't use them at all)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 3 tablespoons green onions (some tops)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 (3 ounce) package almonds, toasted
- 1 (8 ounce) can mandarin oranges (drained)
- 5 ounces chow mein noodles (optional)
- 1Wash, dry and tear lettuce. I like to prepare my lettuce hours earlier and refrigerate in a ziploc bag, so that it will be crisp.
- 2Wash and chop onions.
- 3Toast sesame seeds and almonds in small skillet. I don't toast them together.
- 4Drain mandrian oranges.
- 5Prepare dressing.
- 6Mix everything right before serving.
- 7Add chow mein noodles last minute.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mandarin Oriental Salad
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.6
- Calories from Fat 330
- Total Fat 36.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 256.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 5.0 g