Recipe by Recipe Junkie
From an old, falling apart cookbook I got at a garage sale after we were first married. This is a recipe I saved.
- 2 teaspoons sherry wine
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, cleaned
- oil (for cooking)
- 1⁄2 cup drained canned mandarin orange segments
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- boiled rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sherry and cornstarch together.
- Marinate shrimp in mixture 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in wok or skillet, enough to cover bottom.
- Stir-fry shrimp just until color changes.
- Add mandarin orange segments, sugar, and salt.
- Stir-fry until just until heated through, no more than 1 minute.
- Serve with rice.